Tudor timepieces from Tarratt Jewellers
Tarratt Jewellers on Regent Street, Rugby, offer the latest timepieces from the Tudor watch company. For the past 70 years, Rolex has always had a “little brother” of sorts, the Tudor Watch Company (Montres Tudor SA). Many people have never heard of the name Tudor, or if they have, they do not know the full story… Created by the same co-founder as the famous luxury brand.
The TUDOR collection was developed according to two main cornerstones, heritage and technology. The watches it encompasses present a subtle alchemy of references to the brand’s history and modernity, masterfully measured according to the cornerstone to which they belong. In this spirit, and always with an experimental dimension in terms of materials and innovation, the technological cornerstone that forms the sporty lines of Noth Flag, Pelagos, Fastrider and Grantour presents a shared aesthetic language, the most representative feature of which is the entirely matt finish.
Brushed middle cases, sandblasted details, matt colours: this choice provides a reading of the object through contrasting volumes rather than through plays of light. This is the language of plastic as opposed to a decorative approach, whose desired effect is the reinforcement of the functional and technological feel. A magnificent example of a tool watch and the symbol of a lifestyle made up of aquatic adventures, TUDOR Pelagos is one of the most complete traditional mechanical divers’ watches on the market.
In 2015, this emblematic model has been updated with a movement manufactured by TUDOR and an additional colour combination, a reference to the most glorious period in the history of the brand’s divers’ watches.
In 2015, North Flag and Pelagos become the first TUDOR models to be fitted with movements developed and produced by the brand itself. A logical evolution of TUDOR’s development process, this introduction represents the first stage in a major industrial strategy aiming to provide greater independence to the brand founded by Hans Wilsdorf in 1926.